Home > Overview > Procedure on foreign Worker(E-9) Selection and Introduction
Procedure on Selection and Introduction of Foreign Worker (E-9)
01. Decision on major policies including quota and sending countries
- Deliberation and decision by the Foreign Workforce Policy Committee(established by the Prime Minister's Office)
- Major issues related to foreign workforce such as type of business, quota and sending countries ect.
02. Signing of MOU on the sending workforce (ROK government ↔ Sending country government)
- Signing MOU to prevent corruption scandal in the sending process
- Decide on the renewal of MOU through regular assessment on MOU execution
03. Making job seekers' roster(Sending country government↔ ROK government)
- Sending countries(government institution) select competent job seekers(multiple number of quota) based on objective
standard of qualification such as EPS-TOPIK score, result of skill test and working experience
- HRD Korea approves job seekers' roster which sending countries transfer
04 . Selection of foreign workers & issuance of Employment Permit(Employers ↔ MOEL)
- To protect the employment opportunity of Koreans, employers can apply for Employment Permit at Job Centers in
case of having failed to employ Koreans in spite of the efforts to hire them (for 3 to 7 days)
- Job Centers recommend foreign workers who are qualified the recruitment conditions(three times).
- The Employment Permits are issued when employers choose competent foreign workers among the recommended
05 . Singing of labor contract(Employer ↔ Foreign worker)
- Employers sign the Standard Labor Contract with selected foreign workers(Labor contract must clarify working conditions such as wage, working hours, holidays and workplace)
06 . Issuance of Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance(Employer↔ MOJ)
- Employers apply for Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance(CCVI) and MOJ issues CCVI
07 . Entry of foreign workers(Employer ↔ Sending country)
- Employers send CCVIs to sending countries, foreign workers enter will apply for a work visa (E-9) at the Korean Embassy and foreign workers enter Korea after the issuance of their visa.
- Foreign workers must complete Employment Training (minimum of 20 hours) after entry
08 . Employment management of foreign workers(MOEL) & Sojourn management of foreign workers(MOJ)
- Conduct labor inspection on workplace which employs foreign workers(MOEL)
- Provide post management services such as consultation and free education(MOEL, HRD Korea and NGOs)
- Permits change of workplace due to suspension or closing of business, delaying wage and other justifiable reasons.
- Execute strict sojourn management through strengthening the immigration control administration and establishing a link system between MOJ and MOEL