· Chapter 1 General Rules
Article 2 (Effect & Modification)
Article 3 (Additional Rules)
2. Any matters not specified hereunder shall be governed by the Framework Act on Telecommunications, Telecommunications Business Act, Information Communication Ethics Committee Regulations, Information Communication Code of Ethics, Program Protection Act and other applicable laws.
Article 4 (Definition)
The terms defined and used herein shall have the following meanings:
3. Member: a person who registered on EPS by providing personal information to receive information and use service.
4. ID: a combination of letters and numbers selected by users and approved by EPS for the identification of users and use of service.
5. Password: a combination of letters and numbers selected by users to check whether users match with their IDs as a security precaution.
6. Withdrawal: an act of terminating the agreement between users and the service provider.
7. Any terms not defined herein shall be defined by additional terms and regulations.
· Chapter 2 Delivery & Use of Service
Article 5 (Service Agreement)
1. The service agreement is deemed entered when applicants have filled out the EPS application form online and complete the registration process.
2. EPS may cancel the user registration if a user:
2) provides false information on his or her application form;
3) attempts to cause or does social disorder or disturbance;
4) interferes with the service operation for other persons or abuses such service;
6) fails to meet other requirements set by EPS.
3. EPS may withhold the completion of the service agreement in the following events until it is resolved:
1) insufficient service resource
2) technical failure
4. EPS develops Service by itself or in collaboration with others and may change the content of Service with prior notice to users.
5. Users may withdraw (cancel) their registration at any time if they no longer require Service.
Article 6 (Consent to Use of Information)
2. EPS collects, uses, manages and protects the information of its users as follows:
1) Collection: EPS collects the information that you provide when registering for the EPS service.
2) Use: EPS shall not disclose or distribute personal information collected for the EPS service to a third party without your consent except in the following cases:
①required by the government pursuant to Framework Act on Telecommunications;
②required for the purpose of criminal investigation or by Information Communication Ethics Committee Regulations or other applicable laws;
③required by the legal guardian of an under-aged user whose family relation is documented; or
④disclosed by users voluntarily.
3) Management: You may correct or update your personal information at any time.
4) Protection: Only you are allowed to access or update your personal information and it is managed through your ID and resident registration number. Therefore, you are required to keep your ID and password strictly confidential, logout from the website and close your web browser when you finished using Service (as a security measure for using public computers in internet cafe or library).
3. EPS may create and use the data containing personal information and send cookies to the users' computers for service.
Article 7 (Information Security)
1. You shall be responsible for protecting your personal information and the consequence of any use of user ID and password the moment you complete the registration procedure.
2. Users are fully responsible for keeping their ID and password secure and reporting any abuse to EPS immediately. Users are liable for any failure to report such abuse.
3. Users shall close all connections and access properly after they finish using Service and EPS shall not be responsible for any loss or damage including use of your personal information by third party caused by failure to do so.
Article 8 (Service Hours)
1. Service is available 24-hours a day, 365-days a year unless impeded by professional or technical difficulties.
2. The service hours specified above shall be subject to occasional maintenance.
Article 9 (Interruption & Storage and Use of Service)
1. EPS shall not be responsible for any failure to store or transmit data on the EPS service and communication messages, or loss thereof due to force majeure events including national emergency, blackout and service system failure caused outside the control of EPS.
2. EPS may discontinue Service temporarily if needed by giving one (1) week prior notice and shall not be responsible for any consequences caused by failure to take such notice. The above notice period is subject to reduction or cancellation. EPS shall not be responsible for any transmission failure or data loss due to such interruption of Service.
3. The above clause shall apply in the event of permanent discontinuation of Service. However, EPS shall give at least one (1) month prior notice in this case.
4. EPS may modify, change or discontinue Service after giving prior notice and shall not be responsible for any consequence caused to you or third party.
Article 10 (Change & Cancellation of Service)
1. EPS shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that you may suffer from Service or information and for the reliability and accuracy of any information posted by users.
2. EPS shall not be responsible for any loss or damage in relation to Service if caused by users' intention or negligence.
Article 11 (Delivery of Information & Advertisement)
1. EPS may provide users with varied information by posting on Service.
2. EPS may post promotional materials if deemed appropriate and useful for Service.
Article 12 (Copyright of Posts)
1. You shall retain rights and be held responsible for the information that you have posted.
2. EPS shall have the right to edit, move or remove any posts without prior notice if such posts:
2) slander or derogate any third party or damage their reputation;
3) cause public disorder or offend others;
4) are deemed related to criminal action;
5) infringe the copyright of a third party or other rights; or
6) violate other applicable laws.
3. You shall be fully responsible for any criminal or civil infringement to other parties' copyright.
· Chapter 3 Responsibilities & Duties
Article 14 (Duties of EPS)
2. EPS shall allow users to use Service from the date of service to be available unless circumstances otherwise require.
3. EPS shall not disclose or distribute personal information of users without their consent unless required by the government pursuant to applicable laws including telecommunication laws.
4. EPS shall maintain appropriate security systems to protect personal information (including credit information) of users.
5. EPS shall not be responsible for any interruption of Service caused by users.
Article 15 (Duties of Users)
1. Users shall provide correct information when registering for EPS and maintain and update their information to keep it to date. Users shall not disclose their ID and password to any third party.
2. Users shall not use Service to gain personal profit without the prior consent of EPS.
3. Users shall not copy, duplicate, modify, translate, publish or broadcast any information obtained through Service and provide it to a third party without the prior consent of EPS.
4. In relation to Service, users shall not:
1) abuse another user's certificate or resident registration number;
2) get involved in criminal activities or attempt to get involved;
3) cause public disorder or disruption;
4) damage or offend another person's reputation;
5) infringe another person's intellectual property;
6) hack or distribute a computer virus;
7) post the same message including advertisement against another person's intention;
8) interfere with the secure operation of Service or cause such interference;
9) modify information posted on EPS; or
10) violate Article 53 of Telecommunications Act, Article 16 of Telecommunications Business Act Enforcement Ordinance (Rebellious Communication), or Article 53-3 of Telecommunications Business Act.
· Chapter 4 Miscellaneous
Article 16 (Ownership of EPS)
1. EPS shall reserve all rights of ownership and copyrights to Service and intellectual properties including software, images, marks, logos, designs, service titles, information and trademarks.
2. Unless expressly permitted by EPS, users shall not modify, lend, lease, sale, distribute, manufacture, assign, re-license, mortgage or make commercial use of each of the aforementioned property, or allow a third party to do so.
Article 17 (Assignment)
Article 18 (Indemnification)
EPS shall not be liable for any damages caused to users by Service provided free of charge unless there are criminal activities committed by EPS intentionally.
Article 19 (Exemption)
1. EPS shall not be responsible to warrant or represent information or opinions to be true or accurate and to approve, reject or modify opinions expressed by users or third parties. In no event EPS shall be liable for any loss of profit or damage to users caused by Service.
2. EPS shall not be responsible for any trade of goods or monetary transaction between users or users and third parties by means of Service and any expected profit to be gained through Service.
Article 20 (Jurisdiction)
All disputes arising out of or in connection with Service shall be submitted to the Seoul District Court.
Collection & Use of Personal Information
· (Purpose of Handling Personal Information)
Handling, Retention Period & Control of Personal Information
· (Handling & Control of Personal Information)
The personal information of a user shall be retained for the duration that "EPS Online Service" is available to the user and shall be automatically destroyed and made inaccessible when the user closes his or her membership account.
· (Outsourcing the Process of Personal Information)
- required by competent organizations or investigators for investigation;
- required for survey, statistical data collection and academic research for customer service improvement; or
- provided in a format that is not personally identifiable provided, however, that certain part of the information may be personally identifiable (e.g. survey data).
· (Destruction of Personal Information)
"EPS Online Service" shall destroy personal information immediately according to the following procedure, term and methods when the purposes of its collection have been accomplished unless it is required otherwise by laws:
When the purposes of collection are achieved, personal information provided by users is destroyed immediately after being retained for a certain period time pursuant to internal policy and applicable laws.
The users' personal information is destroyed within five (5) days from the date of expiry or the date when it is deemed unnecessary by achieving the purposes of collection.
The personal information processed for "EPS Online Service" is recorded electronically and thus destroyed using techniques that disable the recovery of deleted data.
Consent to Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
· Consent to Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Consent to Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The following personal information shall be collected for "EPS Online Service" and related services:
- Personal Information File: user information for membership enrollment
- Name, ID, Password, Business Registration No., Workplace Control No.: for identification required to use service
- Email, Address, Phone (or Mobile Phone): to secure means of communication including electronic notice and announcement
- Public Key Certificate: for security required to use service including reporting and viewing information
- Other Optional Contents: information required to customize service
Release of Personal Information to a Third Party
· Release of Personal Information to a Third Party
The personal information in relation to "EPS Online Service" is handled within the scope set in Article 1 (Purpose of Handling Personal Information) in principle and is not handled outside the scope or released to any third party without the consent of a user except:
- that a user agreed to release or disclose to a third party in advance;
- that it is required by laws;
- that it is required to perform contractual duties to provide service and such consent cannot be received due to financial/technical reasons; or
- that it is used in a format that is not personally identifiable.